After 300 moves the AI player resigns

I just finished playing a game against the Engine level 1, it was 300 moves long, it would've gone further but the AI player seemed to have decided that they'd rather spend their time elsewhere and resigned.

lishogi.org/SIC88rxALDmB

During the game I noticed that most pieces are designed to move forward, not backward, and so I spent quite a long time trying to hustle my army back to my side of the board after Gote's King made his way into my territory. All the promoted pieces refused to move diagonally backwards, and so I had to move them first to the left or right square, and then down a square.

Overall a very enjoyable game, full of terrible blunders as I was mainly just shifting my pieces around with no greater plan :)

300 is the limit to the maximum number of moves in a single game. If you ever reach 300 moves in a game and no one has won and it is not a draw, then it will directly be considered as a draw because of the limit. In lichess the limit to the maximum number of moves in a game is 300 too, but against AI, the AI plays 150 moves and then resigns.

300 moves is not the maximum in a single game - there is no such automatic draw rule.

The 300-(half)move cap applies to games played on lishogi and lichess. This is to limit the size of the games when stored on the server. The lichess and lishogi AIs will resign after 301 halfmoves have been played (i.e. 150.5 full moves in chess).

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.

Reconnecting