Updates - December

What does "periods" (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) mean? I'm new to shogi and I don't know how this time control works. Also, selecting a number makes the game unrated. Why?

Thanks for these updates!

After your main time runs out byoyomi starts, meaning if you are playing 5|10, then after the 5 minutes are gone you have to make each move within 10 seconds. If you can't make a move in 10 seconds you lose on time.
Don't worry about byoyomi periods much, they aren't that common, exactly the reason they are unrated. As to what they do, let's say you are playing 5|10(2x) meaning 2 periods and you are out of your main time and you couldn't make a move within those 10 seconds, this time you don't lose on time, but you get one more byoyomi period to make each move within 10 seconds since you started with 2 of them.

Good to see the new notations supported in the trainer. All the best for roadmap to v1, it looks amazing.

Would love to see shogi variants on this site in 2021.
Happy new year.

Thank you Lishogi Team for making Byoyomi and all these changes so quickly! I hope you guys have a good rest now and i hope the best for Lishogi!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.

Reconnecting