2023 Chu Shogi Cup R7, WarElephant - Prnej

Times I wrote earlier are the only ones left available week.

Prnej is late for the tournament game, and I am claiming a win by forfeit, pending TD approval.

Evidence posted to discord as I don't know how to post images here.

I'm really sorry, my alarm did not wake me up, it has been a bit too rough lately. If it would be possible I would really like to play. Possible times: Friday 18-22, Saturday 6-8 18-22 or Sunday 6-22.

I really want to play, in the end that's why I joined the tournament in the first place. Yes, I made a mistake, and a huge one at that. But, please, would you forgive me and play on?

Since this was the last game scheduled for this round, already more than 4 days past the normal round length, it doesn't make much sense to prolong the tournament any further.

Sente (WarElephant) has won this game by forfeit, due to absence.

I'm really sad, I hoped that playing games out would have highest priority. Please, would it be possible? I'll play anytime WarElephant will want, I just want to finish this properly.

@Prnej I'm extremely sorry, but the tournament requires a serious approach and decent responsibility from all participants - both referees and players.
Delaying the last round was already a bad idea.
Taking too easy on the scheduled game doesn't suit the tournament spirit.
Once the primary referee has concluded his decision, it is final.

I prefer games to be played too, but I also prefer them to be played on time, sacrificing some personal things to do, if necessary.
Further rescheduling would be unfair to other participants (firstly towards your opponent) who probably did that kind of setting tournament schedule above their plans.
That's not even about forgiving. That's about discipline and organizing points.

Regarding the game, as WarElephant already suggested to you in Discord you can play the game out of the tournament to see how could your battle result.
Despite it wouldn't count toward the tournament scores, I'm still excited to see it.
I would even vote to add it into the study with tournament kifus, with an "unofficial" mark though

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.

Reconnecting