Although we’re still in beta, there are many ways you can help Lishogi grow. Even if you can’t code, there are many other ways you can contribute to the site now.
Be waiting for a game
As Lishogi's player base is small right now, matching with someone can be difficult, and users might give up on Lishogi easily for this reason, which keeps the number of active players limited. Help reverse this feedback loop by being available to play as much as you can.
Get the word out there! Not only will you help promote Lishogi by streaming it, you may also acquire some new viewers, because all currently streaming Lishogi members are featured on the site's homepage. Check out the streamer page for more info.
Major new features are still being added to Lishogi, and we don’t always get it right the first time. Even just using the site and giving your feedback would help us a lot.
- Spot a bug? Report them in the forums, on Discord, or submit a GitHub issue.
- Have improvements to suggest? Hop onto Discord and talk to us.
Know your way around code? Great! Join us on Discord and see what’s suitable for your skills. There are still minor tweaks to be made and essential features yet to be implemented, so no contribution is too small! All our code is open-source and can be found in our GitHub repository.
Talk about Lishogi
As a growing site, Lishogi relies on word-of-mouth to get more players on board and playing games with everyone.
- Do you have a blog? Write an article about Lishogi!
- Do you use Facebook, Twitter, or other social media? Let your followers know about your favourite shogi site!
- Do you know shogi players? Do you play in real-world shogi tournaments or clubs? Spread the word! We need more passionate people like you.
- Do you stream? Become a Lishogi streamer and be featured on our front page whenever you stream on Lishogi!
Want to help keep the Lishogi servers running? Check the donation page. Your help does make a big difference.