Shogi Resources (WIP)
For absolute beginners
- Clear, but rather slow introduction to shogi
- Videos #1-20 are meant for beginners, covering rules, tactics, and openings. The rest are specialized information or intermediate topics.
- Videos #17-20 are castles basics. They are quite helpful but hard to digest at first so keep referring to these videos from time to time.
- Updated shogi tutorial
Tactics: Tsume, Hisshi, Tesuji
Tsumeshogi = checkmate puzzles with special rules. Hisshi = unavoidable checkmate threat. Tesuji = tactical move.
- Thousands of tsumeshogi problems, and a highscore survival mode where the goal is to solve as many as possible within 5 minutes. Sounds familiar?
- Contains many other features like a professional games opening explorer.
- Free and open source (!)
- Anyone can create their own Lishogi study, so the quality of studies vary widely.
To see how you can contribute to this list, join the discord server.